Social Media Manager
We’re looking for an experienced social media manager who is able to unify a brand's social media presence, get it on message, and has a natural knack for engaging with the community.
Based out of our Portland office, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for overseeing strategy and execution across various social channels for a large healthcare technology client. In this role, the Social Media Manager will create and maintain a fun and healthy social strategy to grow social following and increase overall brand awareness and initiatives. This individual will work report to the Director of Strategy, work closely with the Account Director and Senior Producer on the client team, and provide general social media guidance across various team leads.
Areas of Responsibility
Strategy & Planning:
- Create and maintain the strategy to grow social following and increase overall brand awareness around health and wellness and other brand initiatives
- Develop and lead a proactive social media roadmap including social campaigns and content promotions through both organic and paid channels
- Craft creative social campaigns that engage followers and gain interest from consumers new to the brand
- Share the brand story to grow engagement, reach, and impact through campaigns and community management
Editorial Content Planning:
- Manage the editorial calendar and all online content including the drafting and editing of posts
- Create and share social content plan for the upcoming week with various stakeholders within client teams
- Lead day-to-day conversations on all key social media channels
- Ideate and suggest video content strategy to achieve brand objectives
- Manage and maintain support tools
- Support of key company launches, announcements and initiatives
- Manage paid and organic posts for all departments and products
- Determine, collect, and organize KPIs, analyze for maximum efficiency and return to meet marketing objectives.
- Share out trends; create plans to pivot strategy based on campaign success or concerns
- 3-4 years of experience as a Social Media Manager in an agency environment, with at least 2 years technology or healthcare client experience.
- Social media savvy with an understanding of current web, mobile, and cloud-based technologies, with best practices for each platform and solid examples of successful campaigns.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in a team and client setting.
- Ability to conceptualize and write clear strategy by channel.
- Skilled at producing schedules that are grounded in reality and account for dependencies.
- Experience with web-based technologies, including a basic understanding of the technical and creative content development lifecycles, standards, and best practices.
Areas of Influence:
- Collaborate with Owen and client teams to develop processes and practices for social strategy and execution
- Develop Owen’s best practices for social media campaigns and content planning
- Understand our client’s businesses and help the team develop a point of view on social strategy and digital brand experience
Areas of Growth:
- Be Owen’s leader in all things social media by staying on top of current trends and practices in social channels, and sharing your knowledge across the company as appropriate.
- Gain exposure to being in front of clients and presenting to improve your skills and confidence with client contact
- Understand the larger digital footprint for our clients and help guide digital strategy beyond social channels
Owen’s General Expectations:
- You're highly organized, probably a perfectionist, and dedicated to making sure that you stay on deadline, eliminate errors, and consistently deliver the best possible work for the agency and our clients.
- Deliver smart, sound, and innovative ideas for our clients and for Owen Jones.
- Constantly push Owen Jones’ creative executions professionally and culturally.
- Perpetually evolve your own skills; try new things and work inventively.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in an array of tasks.
- Pay attention to details in everything you touch. The details are the end product.
- Brilliant thinking, detailed follow-through, honest and direct communication.
- Be here because you want to be here. Work accordingly, with enthusiasm and commitment.
- Remember that we will spend more waking time together than with almost anyone else. Make this relationship the best it can be.
- Mentorship, growth, and inspiration
- Resources to develop and expand your professional career
- Monthly Inspiration Day to be used on an inspirational activity of your choosing
- Optional “Work from Home Fridays”
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 401k Matching
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- A positive, balanced work life
This position is full-time, with a 90 day probationary period to make sure it is a good fit for you and for us.
Sound Like You?