Work as part of a collaborative team, leading strategic development and championing audience insights across brand, campaign, and digital projects.
Salary range: $72,000 - $85,000
Owen Jones is seeking an experienced, collaborative, curious Senior Strategist to lead strategic development and champion audience insights across brand, campaign, and digital projects. You understand the complexities of how people experience brands in physical and digital landscapes, and are comfortable guiding clients through discovery to deliver well-informed, insightful, actionable strategies. You’re excited to make a high level recommendation, then build out the strategic plan that makes big ideas come to life for our clients and their audiences across digital and physical channels.
You’re an excellent communicator, equally comfortable giving presentations in person and writing thoughtful research and strategic deliverables. You know how to listen, guide conversations to uncover hidden truths, and love peeling back the layers of complex problems to craft thoughtful strategies for success. You thrive in a multi-disciplinary environment, and will engage with multiple client accounts and work closely with Owen’s creative, technology, account, and producer teams.
Note that you don't need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered.
Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Areas of Responsibility
Work with the Director of Strategy to develop an appropriate work plan and set of project deliverables
Develop brand campaign platforms, positioning and strategy.
- Develop communication and channel marketing strategy for omnichannel experiences.
- Lead digital channel strategy for social media and website experiences.
- Conduct primary and secondary research using industry best practices and methodologies.
- Coordinate external research resources.
- Analyze research, data and trends.
- Create competitive reviews and situational analyses.
- Identify insights, challenges and opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seek creative ideas and provide input, ensure all ideas meet strategic approach
- Develop and deliver high quality, compelling client presentations, POVs, and briefs (internal and external)
Areas of Influence
- Keep ahead of best practices to promote client understanding of emerging concepts, trends, research, and their potential benefits.
- Work with the Director of Strategy to create client-facing and internal strategic workshops
- Contribute to developing new strategic frameworks, methodologies, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with Owen and client teams to develop processes and practices for digital strategy development and execution.
- Understand our client’s businesses and help the team develop a point of view digital brand experience.
Areas of Growth
- Informally mentor members of the project team on Strategy best practices and approaches
- Stay on top of current trends and practices in brand strategy, digital channels, digital marketing customer experience, and share your knowledge across the company as appropriate.
- Understand the larger digital brand footprint for our clients and help guide digital strategy across all their channels and platforms.
Owen Jones' General Expectations
- Commitment to the best possible work, especially when the well feels dry or it feels like “just another project.”
- Honest, direct, and detailed communication.
- Perpetually evolve your own skills; try new things and work inventively.
- Use your unique experiences and skills to help push Owen Jones' creative executions.
- Get to the heart of what it is you’re trying to solve; dig in deep and research.
- Courage and wisdom to ask for help.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in an array of tasks.
- Attention to detail in everything you touch. The details are the end product.
- Respect for your Owen teammates. Treat others as they would like to be treated. Lend a hand, pick up your slack, and don’t leave anyone behind. Remember that we will spend more waking time together than with almost anyone else, so make that relationship healthy and productive.
- Cell phone reimbursement: $60/month.
- Transit/parking reimbursement (still given during COVID-19 working from home): $100/month
- Monthly Inspiration Day to be used on an inspirational activity of your choosing
- Professional Development Budget: $300 annual budget, per year with Owen (maximum of $1,500)
- Company profit sharing bonus paid quarterly.
- Group health plan - Providence Medical (Owen Jones currently covers 100% of employee premiums & dependents are handled through pre-tax payroll withholding).
- Group dental plan - Kaiser Dental (Owen Jones currently covers 100% of employee premiums & dependents are handled through pre-tax payroll withholding)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan for pre-tax deductions for medical and/or childcare expenses
- Comprehensive leave policies including family care leave, hardship leave, medical leave, and 12 weeks paid for new parent leave.
- Owen retirement plan (after 90 days of employment). Employees can contribute any % of pay from 0-96%, up to the annual limits (2020 limit is $19,500 or $26,000 if the employee is over 50 years of age). Matching: Owen Jones matches 100% for the first 3% that an employee contributes, and 50% on the next 2% for a maximum match of 4%
- Annual paid time off is 15 days annually (prorated based on start date), plus company holidays, plus Owen Winter Break (December 24 – January 1)
Welcome to All
Minds and hearts are what matter. Our unique experiences are what make us stronger. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Owen Jones welcomes everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, political affiliation, country of origin, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military affiliation, or ability.
This position is full-time, with a 90 day probationary period to make sure it is a good fit for you and for us.