We’re looking for an experienced producer who puts people first and pores over the details. The Producer is responsible for guiding teams and projects from start to finish. You will run projects for multiple clients and projects simultaneously. Specific work will be focused on multiple types of projects: websites, campaign microsites, interactive displays, and app development. Other projects may include brand design, company collateral, and brand content creation. No matter the goal, you’ll work closely with the Account Lead and relevant Team Leads as you support the client and guide the project team. This position reports to the Executive Producer.
The Producer is responsible for guiding teams and projects from start to finish. You will run projects for multiple clients and projects simultaneously. Specific work will be focused on multiple types of projects: websites, campaign microsites, interactive displays, and app development. Other projects may include brand design, company collateral, and brand content creation. No matter the goal, you’ll work closely with the Account Lead and relevant Team Leads as you support the client and guide the project team. This position reports to the Executive Producer.
Salary Range - $60,000 to $75,000
Areas of Responsibility
- Create the project schedule and deliverable deadlines, and ensure these are followed internally and externally.
- Own internal and external meetings. This includes managing setup, meeting agendas, and notes. You’ll ensure the team is prepared for the meeting and has an action plan afterward.
- Deep knowledge of project scope, goals, deliverables, schedule, and process. Manage and guide all project work within the defined project scope and SOW.
- Alert the project Account Lead if scope has gone beyond agreed upon terms.
- Manage project administration tasks, like tracking hours, expenses, schedule creation, and project tool setup (Slack, Basecamp, Team Drive folders, etc).
- Track team hours against the budget, as needed.
- Responsible for creating contractor agreements per direction from the Team Lead and approving the budget (contractor payment) from the CFO.
- Ensure contractor invoices, project expenses, and all other costs related to the job or client are sent to accounting.
- Review deliverables (in support of the Creative Director or other team leads) and act as the day-to-day eyes of the client to ensure the team is on track.
- Manage deliverables and assets from the client and own internal systems, process, project organization, and documentation.
- Own the project process from start to finish. Every step should be known and guided towards completion by the producer.
Areas of Influence
- Manage project resources with the relevant Team Leads.
- Understand the client’s needs and act as the voice of the client to the internal team.
- Understand the team’s questions, ideas, and process, and act as the voice of the internal team to the client.
- Work closely with the Account Lead to ensure account health.
- Support of the Account Lead to create new statements of work.
- Keep ears and eyes open for new business opportunities. Share these with the Account Lead.
- Find opportunities to expand the current scope. Define what the client needs, even if the client doesn’t know.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to track creative progress, deadlines, and deliverables.
Areas of Growth
- Work closely with Executive Producer to identify growth opportunities, and new projects, skills, areas of improvement for yourself.
- Increase your understanding of what being a producer means at Owen Jones and develop the skills and experience to manage increasingly complex projects independently.
- Expand individual skill sets within your role.
- Improve communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborate with people (resources) on other internal teams to solve client problems.
- Understand your client’s business and bring high-level strategic thinking to the partnership.
- 3-4 years of experience as a Producer/Project Manager in an agency environment, with at least 2 years Digital/Software Project experience.
- Experience with digital, web, app, and brand projects, and using best practices within the delivery of said projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in a team and client setting.
- Ability to conceptualize and write clear statements of work for new interactive, digital, and branding projects.
- Skilled at producing schedules that are grounded in reality and account for dependencies
- Experience with web-based technologies, including a thorough understanding of the technical and creative content development lifecycles, standards, and best practices.
- Experience leading design, production design, brand development, and other similar creative projects.
- Comfortable leading teams working with information architecture, UI/UX design principles, and best practices.
- Experience conducting and managing QA testing with internal teams and clients.
- Social media savvy with an understanding of current web, mobile, and cloud-based technologies.
Owen Jones' General Expectations
- Commitment to the best possible work, especially when the well feels dry or it feels like “just another project.”
- Honest, direct, and detailed communication.
- Perpetually evolve your own skills; try new things and work inventively.
- Use your unique experiences and skills to help push Owen Jones' creative executions.
- Get to the heart of what it is you’re trying to solve; dig in deep and research.
- Courage and wisdom to ask for help.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in an array of tasks.
- Attention to detail in everything you touch. The details are the end product.
- Respect for your Owen teammates. Treat others as they would like to be treated. Lend a hand, pick up your slack, and don’t leave anyone behind. Remember that we will spend more waking time together than with almost anyone else, so make that relationship healthy and productive.
- Cell phone reimbursement: $60/month.
- Transit/parking reimbursement (still given during COVID-19 working from home): $100/month
- Monthly Inspiration Day to be used on an inspirational activity of your choosing
- Professional Development Budget: $300 annual budget, per year with Owen (maximum of $1,500)
- Company profit sharing bonus paid quarterly.
- Group health plan - Providence Medical (Owen Jones currently covers 100% of employee premiums & dependents are handled through pre-tax payroll withholding).
- Group dental plan - Kaiser Dental (Owen Jones currently covers 100% of employee premiums & dependents are handled through pre-tax payroll withholding)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan for pre-tax deductions for medical and/or childcare expenses
- Comprehensive leave policies including family care leave, hardship leave, medical leave, and 12 weeks paid for new parent leave.
- Owen retirement plan (after 90 days of employment). Employees can contribute any % of pay from 0-96%, up to the annual limits (2020 limit is $19,500 or $26,000 if the employee is over 50 years of age). Matching: Owen Jones matches 100% for the first 3% that an employee contributes, and 50% on the next 2% for a maximum match of 4%
- Annual paid time off is 15 days annually (prorated based on start date), plus company holidays, plus Owen Winter Break (December 24 – January 1)
Welcome to All
Minds and hearts are what matter. Our unique experiences are what make us stronger. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Owen Jones welcomes everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, political affiliation, country of origin, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military affiliation, or ability.
This position is full-time, with a 90 day probationary period to make sure it is a good fit for you and for us.
Sound Like You?
Application Deadline: 01/08/2021