We’re looking for an experienced producer who puts people first and pores over the details.
Based out of our Portland office, the Digital Producer will be responsible for leading teams and projects from start to finish. Specific work will be focused on digital and software focused projects: websites, campaign microsites, interactive displays, and app development. No matter the goal, you’ll work closely with the Account Director and Team Leads as you support the client and guide the project team.
Areas of Responsibility
- Create the schedule and deliverable deadlines, and ensure these are followed internally and externally.
- Own internal and external client meetings. This includes managing setup, meeting agendas, and notes. You’ll ensure the team is prepared for the meeting and has an action plan afterward.
- Manage project administration tasks, like tracking hours, expenses, schedule creation, and project tool setup (Slack, Basecamp, Team Drive folders, etc).
- Track team hours against the budget, as needed.
- Responsible for creating contractor agreements per direction from the Team Lead and approving the budget (contractor payment) from the CFO.
- Ensure contractor invoices, project expenses, and all other costs related to the job or client are sent to accounting.
- Review deliverables (in support of the Creative Director or other creative lead) and act as the day-to-day eyes of the client to ensure the team is on track.
- Manage deliverables and assets from the client and own internal systems, process, and documentation.
- Own the project process from start to finish. Every step should be known and pushed towards completion by the producer.
Areas of Influence
- Manage project resources with the Team Leads.
- Understand the client’s needs and act as the voice of the client to the internal team.
- Understand the team’s questions, ideas, and process, and act as the voice of the internal team to the client.
- Work closely with the Account Director to ensure account health.
- Work in support of the Account Director to create new statements of work.
- Keep ears and eyes open for new business opportunities. Share these with the Account Director.
- Find opportunities to expand the current scope. Define what the client needs, even if the client doesn’t know.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to track creative progress, deadlines, and deliverables.
Areas of Growth
- Expand individual skill sets within your role.
- Improve communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborate with people (resources) on other internal teams to solve client problems.
- Thoroughly understand your client’s business and bring high-level strategic thinking to the partnership.
- 3-4 years of experience as a Producer/Project Manager in an agency environment, with at least 2 years Digital/Software Project experience.
- Experience with digital, web, app, and brand projects, and using best practices within the delivery of said projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in a team and client setting.
- Ability to conceptualize and write clear statements of work for new interactive, digital, and branding projects.
- Skilled at producing schedules that are grounded in reality and account for dependencies
- Experience with web-based technologies, including a thorough understanding of the technical and creative content development lifecycles, standards, and best practices.
- Comfortable leading teams working with information architecture, UI/UX design principles, and best practices.
- Experience conducting and managing QA testing with internal teams and clients.
- Social media savvy with an understanding of current web, mobile, and cloud-based technologies.
Owen’s General Expectations:
- You're highly organized, probably a perfectionist, and dedicated to making sure that you stay on deadline, eliminate errors, and consistently deliver the best possible work for the agency and our clients.
- Deliver smart, sound, and innovative ideas for our clients and for Owen Jones.
- Constantly push Owen Jones’ creative executions professionally and culturally.
- Perpetually evolve your own skills; try new things and work inventively.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in an array of tasks.
- Pay attention to details in everything you touch. The details are the end product.
- Brilliant thinking, detailed follow-through, honest and direct communication.
- Be here because you want to be here. Work accordingly, with enthusiasm and commitment.
- Remember that we will spend more waking time together than with almost anyone else. Make this relationship the best it can be.
- Mentorship, growth, and inspiration
- Resources to develop and expand your professional career
- Monthly Inspiration Day to be used on an inspirational activity of your choosing
- Optional “Work from Home Fridays”
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- 401k Matching
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- A positive, balanced work life