Owen Jones is seeking a creative, thoughtful leader to join our Adobe team.
Salary range: $130,000 - $160,000
This Creative Director role is responsible for achieving and maintaining the standards and quality of the Adobe work, the efficiency with which that work is produced, the growth & stability of the Adobe business, and the growth & support of a healthy, productive, and engaged creative team. This position will report into the VP of Creative and will manage the Owen Jones Adobe creative team. This is a people management role.
Areas of Responsibility
Product Quality & Processes
- Building creative excellence across our Adobe team by defining and demanding the highest possible standards for our work.
- Responsible for the Adobe creative team's composition, process, and functions to ensure product quality, project margins, and client satisfaction.
- Be a strategic partner with the client and the account team; identify key creative business opportunities and areas where the work can stretch and grow.
- Support the integration of Adobe Licensing work into the overall Adobe account structure. Be a strategic partner to the Licensing team to navigate questions and issues as they arise.
- Authority over staffing decisions, contractor hiring, and team structure, including staffing budgets as defined by the CFO.
- Help recruit and retain the best talent possible.
- Reporting on progress meeting departmental goals to the VP of Creative.
- Delegate as needed to achieve the goals and growth of the department.
- Define the standards, job descriptions, and SMART goals for the Adobe creative team.
- Direct management, performance audit, measurement, and mentorship of associate creative directors and other creative team members as needed.
- Oversee the career growth and progressions of the Adobe creative team.
- Continuous training and development in emotional intelligence, emotional regulation, people leadership, mentorship, equity and inclusion, and power and privilege awareness.
- Own the Adobe team-specific budget.
Areas of Influence
- Collaborate with other creative directors, VP of Creative, and executive leadership on defining where Owen wants to go as a creative organization
- Advise and collaborate with Adobe Account & Producer leads on defining investments for the team, improving and diversifying the creative output.
- Coordinate with the COO, HR, and Operations to identify staffing and resource needs and work with them to scale the team alongside the business.
- Collaborate with the Producer team to set and prioritize resources to meet client schedules and deliverables to deliver the combination of quality and efficiency required to meet standards.
Areas of Growth
- Continually expand your people leadership and creative skills.
- Continuous training and development in emotional intelligence, emotional regulation, people leadership, mentorship, and equity and inclusion including power and privilege awareness.
- Always be on the lookout for new ideas and new ways to deliver brand stories, and map those to our clients.
- Develop specific subject matter expertise related to the accounts you work on and the focus of your practice (e.g. Brand Development, etc.)
- Grow client relationships, and establish client partnerships supported by trust and mutual respect.
Note that you don't need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Owen Jones' General Expectations
- Commitment to the best possible work, especially when the well feels dry or it feels like “just another project.”
- Honest, direct, and detailed communication.
- Perpetually evolve your own skills; try new things and work inventively.
- Use your unique experiences and skills to help push Owen Jones' creative executions.
- Get to the heart of what it is you’re trying to solve; dig in deep and research.
- Courage and wisdom to ask for help.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in an array of tasks.
- Attention to detail in everything you touch. The details are the end product.
- Respect for your Owen teammates. Treat others as they would like to be treated. Lend a hand, pick up your slack, and don’t leave anyone behind. Remember that we will spend more waking time together than with almost anyone else, so make that relationship healthy and productive.
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonus.
- Annual Personal Growth Budget.
- Leadership/executive coaching support.
- Monthly Inspiration Day to be used on an inspirational activity of your choosing
- Full benefits include company-paid medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance, plus optional supplemental group life and disability insurance. FSA plan (for both medical and dependent care), life insurance, and comprehensive leave policies including family care leave, hardship leave, medical leave, 2 weeks pre-birth leave for primary caregivers, and 12 weeks paid leave (plus 8 weeks unpaid) for new parents.
- 401k participation after 90 days with immediate vesting and competitive company match.
- Annual paid time off, 15 days annually (prorated based on start date), twelve Owen company holidays, plus Owen Holiday/Winter Break (December 24 – January 1)
- Home office equipment budget.
- Monthly cell phone, transportation, and home utility bill reimbursements.
- A hybrid work model in which you may work where your work is best done. There are no minimum required days in-office and relocation is not required.
- Physical offices in both Portland and Hood River.
Welcome to All
Minds and hearts are what matter. Our unique experiences are what make us stronger. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Owen Jones welcomes everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, political affiliation, country of origin, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military affiliation, or ability.
This position is full-time, with a 90 day probationary period to make sure it is a good fit for you and for us.
Sound Like You?
Application Deadline: 09/22/2023